Dr. Viraj Lavingia
DESIGNATION: Consultant – Medical Oncologist
SPECIALITY: Medical Oncology
LOCATION: HCG Cancer Center, Ahmedabad
EXPERIENCE: 5 Years
Dr. Lavingia has obtained his education from prestigious institutions in India. He completed his super-specialty in Medical Oncology from Apollo in Hyderabad and has enrolled himself in various prolific courses during the course of his career. His research on various topics including the one on ‘Extrarenal Rhabdoid Tumor of Perineum’ has paved the way for upcoming scholars. He has worked at various immaculate organizations and is currently serving as Consultant Medical Oncologist (GI services) at HCG Cancer Centre in Ahmedabad.
Experience & Achievement
- Dr. Viraj Lavingia joined HCG Ahmedabad in 2018 following a successful association with Apollo CBCC. Originally from Ahmedabad, Dr. Viraj earned his internal medicine degree at Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai in 2013 and subsequently in 2017, he completed DNB (Medical Oncology) from Apollo Hospital, Hyderabad.
- He won scholarship award (UICC fellowship from City of Hope, Duarte USA, June 2016) for the project “HAI (Hepatic Arterial Infusion) chemotherapy for liver-limited metastatic colorectal cancer”.
- He is a trained and certified member of the European Society for Medical Oncology & American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- He has publications in national/international journals and has been honored with invited lectures/seminars at the national level.
- He holds a special interest in GI Oncology predominantly colorectal cancers and pancreaticobiliary cancers.